Whether we nurture or neglect our marriages will be determined by how we steward “small moments.” Too often men fall into the trap of trying to hit a home run on Valentine’s Day, birthday, anniversary and Christmas because they’ve been distracted for the rest of the year.
Side Note: If you do a good job of nurturing your marriage, two things will happen with those four days listed in the previous paragraph: (1) what you do for your wife will be more meaningful because you’ll know her better and (2) whether you hit a home run will be less important because you’re not making up for anything.
Consider the list below a brainstorming exercise. Just come back to this post when you get “writer’s block” and need some fresh ideas.
THIS FOR THE MEN (MESSAGE FOR YOUR WIFE)
- I enjoy being married to you.
- Thank you for all the things I never have to think about.
- What can I do for you tonight?
- I look forward to a quiet evening at home with you.
- You captivate my imagination all day long.
- Tonight let’s talk about [any subject you know she enjoys].
- Let me do [blank] so you can get some extra sleep tomorrow.
- [fill the space] here is something I thought you would find funny.
- Even on a difficult day, I am glad I get to come home to you.
- You’ve always got at least one person who is always on your team—me!
- Your smile will always be my favorite.
- I look forward to growing old with you
- Every morning I thank God for blessing me with the love of my life, the most wonderful woman that can exist in the entire universe. I love you more every day…
- All my nights and days are filled with the wonders of your love. A lovely morning to you and thanks for being that special and wonderful woman in my life. Good Morning.
You just don’t have any idea how thankful I am having you as my wife.I just hope I can keep you happy all your life.Love you, dear wife.
- I can feel my heart beating so fast. People think I’m gone crazy and so I am. I’m just crazy in love with you, my wifey.
Your love is my inspiration.Without you, I just can’t imagine how my life would beI’m glad God gave me as special as you.I love you.
- Your love is food for my heart, mind and soul without which I cannot survive a single second. You know my heart beats for you and only you. My darling wife, I love you.
- I want to express you and ensure you that you are only women in my wife. Also, I want to be the only man in your life. My wife, you are pretty and I love you so much!
- You have been the first and will be the only one ever to touch my heart. Ever since the day I met you, my heart stopped beating for me. It beats for you, saying I love you with every beat.
30 Short Love Texts To Send Your Husband
- I am so proud of you babe, and I am proud to call you my husband.
- I was just listening to ____ song and it reminded me of when ______.
- Sleeping next to you always brings me peace and waking up next to you brings me joy, I can’t wait to do again tonight and tomorrow.
- I love you and I love who you are, and who you are becoming.
- I have a surprise for you when you get home (insert instructors to receive surprise)!
- Let’s “go to bed” early tonight;)
- Can we reenact that one night when ______(describe really romantic night) tonight?!
- Sitting here wishing I could kiss you right now.
- Did you know that you have the most handsome ______?
- Hey babe, when you get home meet me in the shower;)
- Send them an emoji (predetermine an emoji that represents being turned on)
- Send an old photo of the two of you and write out why you love what the photo represents.
- You look goooood babe. (If your both in the same room at a party/event)
- Hey husband, I think you are sexy. Can we hang out tonight?
- When you get home, I want to give you a massage.
- Let’s go do something we’ve never done before tonight!
- I made you your favorite meal, got your favorite dessert, and your favorite beer/wine. (send a photo)
- You smell so good…. I wish I could smell you right now.
- I got some new “pajamas” I want you to come see them;)
- I believe in you babe. You are going to do great things!
- Write your 3 sentence love story, and send it to them. Followed by, “We have a great love story.”
- Send them a list of 10 things you love about them, specific to this week.
- Post a photo on social media telling people why you love your spouse (send them a screenshot).
- Send them their favorite verse or a verse that you know would encourage them.
- Download the “GIF” app on your phone, and search “flirt” then send them one of the GIF’s that will make them laugh (guys are obsessed with these things)
- Send them a section of your wedding vows.
- Explain why they are gonna kick ass today!
- Quote a line from their favorite movie, but with your own creative spin.
- Send them a prayer in an audio message.
- Send them an encouraging quote.
There you go!
These are supposed to get your creative juices flowing. Take them, use them, change them, do whatever you want with them. Make them your own.
If you have some more ideas for the community, share them in the comments!