Here is the best way on How to maintain hair braids to last longer. braid really last longer if you maintain them very well Keep them looking neater and newer for longer.
2. Keep your scalp moist. Do this at least two to three times a week, using a leave-in conditioner. This will help prevent your hair from drying out and eventually breaking. Water is the best thing for your hair, so make sure to spritz your hair every morning with a water-based solution with natural oils such as coconut oil or almond oil.
3. Wash your braids. The build-up of sweat and products used can be damaging to your hair so it’s important to wash your braids at once every two weeks.
Thankfully, you don’t need to hop in the shower and douse your braids with water if you don’t want to. You can use dry shampoo or dry-wash your hair with by dampening a washcloth with warm water and shampoo. You’ll part your hair and wipe your scalp down in sections.
4. Extend your style time by redoing your edges. Often, after a few weeks your roots have grown out and it’s time to freshen up your look. Rather than rebraid your entire head, just reinstall the braids along your hairline. After you take out the braids along your edges, take extra care to detangle and deep condition before reinstalling your braids again.
5. Don’t leave your braids in for too long. Protective styling is meant to be short-term. You should never keep braids for longer than 8 weeks. Any longer than that and your new growth will stretch and damage and eventually break. Keeping your braids for longer than 8 weeks will likely leave you with hair loss.
Here are a few other ways to keep braids neater for longer:
1. While they’re still fresh, apply mousse all over your braids until the foam disappears. Then tightly wrap your hair with a silk/satin scarf for at least 30mins. You can also do this once a week after brushing your braids once they start to look too old
2. Once they start to look older and hair strands start popping out, brush your braids softly in the direction of your style
3. Apply hairspray on your braids (there are various options, Olive Oil Sheen spray, sta-soft fro braid spray, Dark n Lovely braid spray etc)
Watch A video to Show you how