Here is the Complete guide of FRSC Salary Structure, Ranks & Recruitment Details. theis guid will tell how much FRSC staff Earn at the end of each month.
The Federal Road Safety Corp (FRSC) ranks and salary structure differs from other paramilitary agencies in the country. Their primary role is to regulate the highway/federal roads in order to prevent accidents from occurring especially for motorists and road users.’
Becoming an officer in the FRSC as a graduate is something most young people who finished from the university would love to do especially when they don’t get jobs at other paramilitary organizations like NSCDC, Nigerian Immigrations, Nigerian Prison Service and Civil defense.
The reason is the salary structure of FRSC especially graduates is on the high. While those entered through OND or ordinary level certificate (o’level) salary isn’t as much as those of senior officers.
Recruitment exercise into the FRSC is a yearly exercise and is sometimes advertised on the pages of National Dailies, popular online news media outlets, etc. Interested candidates should always check newspapers for updates on FRSC jobs.
Since the establishment of the Federal Road Safety Corp in 1988, their functions has since be spelled out through Decree No. 45 of the 1988 as amended by Decree 35 of 1992 which include:
1. Controlling the activities of vehicles on the highway for road users to avoid accidents.
2. Help recommend strategies and tech devices to help curb the risk of accident on the roads.
3. Advice both Federal and state government on traffic related issues.
4. Orientating the public and motor users on high way discipline.
Before we list out the ranks of the officers of the Federal Road Safety Corp, be aware that the ranking system is divided into Commissioned and Non Commissioned officers.
- ARC Assistant Route Commander (Entry Point)
- DRC Deputy Route Commander
- RC Route Commander
- SRC Superintendent Route Commander
- CRC Chief Route Commander
- ACC Assistant Corps Commander
- DCC Deputy Corps Commander
- CC Corps Commander
- ACM Assistant Corps Marshal
- DCM Deputy Corps Marshal
- CM Corps Marshal
FRSC Marshals Ranks / Structure
- Junior Marshals RMAIII Road Marshal Assistant III (Entry Point)
- RMAII Road Marshal Assistant II
- RMAI Road Marshal Assistant I
- SRMA Senior Road Marshal Assistant
- DCRMA Deputy Chief Road Marshal Assistant
- CRMA Chief Road Marshal Assistant
- Non-Commissioned Officers (NCOs) MI-III Marshal Inspector III
- MI-II Marshal Inspector II
- MI-I Marshal Inspector I
- Senior Non-Commissioned Officers (SNCOs) SMI Senior Marshal Inspector
- PMI Principal Marshal Inspector
- ACI Assistant Chief Inspector
- DCI Deputy Chief Inspector
- CI Chief Inspector
Aside the ranks listed above, also know that officers in FRSC are paid according to their ranks and levels as in any military outfit in the country. This is not limited to the Nigerian Navy, Army, Airforce and even the Police.
It is expected that the salary a level 8 FRSC officer earns would be very different from what a level 6 officer might earn.
FRSC salary structure
Although its difficult getting the exact amount of money that an officer in the Federal Road Safety Corp earns as salary per month or yearly but in an online report, it was written that the monthly salary of FRSC Officers was increased.
This ensures that the new salary scale which is under the Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure (CONPASS), see junior staff salary with N5,000 extra while senior officers salary figures increased with an additional N15,000.
Candidates joining the Federal Road Safety Corp using their secondary school certificate (WAEC) i.e ordinary level, starting salary is about N40,000. While graduates in FRSC earn from N100,000 to N150,000 but officers with high rank earn from N250,000 and above as salary.
Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC Salary Structure
The Federal Road Safety Corps salary structure is solely based on the level of your ranking.
Federal Road Safety Corps staff placed on Grade Level 8 Step 1and earn about N888,956 per annum.
Those on Grade Level 8 Step 2 earn about N900,071 per annum.
Federal Road Safety Corps staff who are placed on Grade Level 7 Step 1 earn about N483,353 per month.
Are you a student here are 10 lucrative business you can do in university(Nigeria)
You can also read here on How to get a Job quickly the best ways (step by step).
This guide will definitely help you in your job search best of luck friends