- Arsenal without Shkodran Mustafi and Aaron Ramsey for Wednesday game
- Gunners rescued point against Southampton at St Mary’s last time out
- West Ham won just one of their last 18 Premier League meetings with Gunners
Cheikhou Kouyate could return to the West Ham squad for the visit of Arsenal.
The midfielder missed Saturday’s 1-0 victory over Chelsea with a hamstring injury but is back in training.
Edimilson Fernandes will be assessed after hurting his ankle in training while Jose Fonte (ankle) remains sidelined.
Provisional squad: Adrian, Hart, Reid, Zabaleta, Kouyate, Ogbonna, Masuaku, Cresswell, Rice, Noble, Obiang, Quina, Antonio, Arnautovic, Lanzini, Ayew, Fernandes, Martinez, Sakho, Carroll, Hernandez.
Arsenal will be without Shkodran Mustafi and Aaron Ramsey for Wednesday’s Premier League trip to West Ham.
Mustafi missed Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Southampton due to a thigh problem and is still absent this time out.
Ramsey (hamstring) joins him on the sidelines with fellow midfielder Santi Cazorla (ankle) a long-term injury absentee.
Provisional squad: Cech, Ospina, Mertesacker, Holding, Koscielny, Chambers, Monreal, Debuchy, Bellerin, Nelson, Kolasinac, Maitland-Niles, Wilshere, Xhaka, Elneny, Ozil, Iwobi, Walcott, Sanchez, Welbeck, Giroud.
Stats – Provided by Opta
– West Ham have won just one of their last 18 Premier League meetings with Arsenal (W1 D3 L14), with this win coming at the Emirates in August 2015.
– Against no side have Arsenal won more away Premier League games than they have against West Ham (12, same as Everton and Aston Villa).
– Indeed, the Gunners are unbeaten in their last nine top-flight away games against West Ham (W7 D2), since a 0-1 loss in November 2006.
– This will be West Ham’s 100th home London derby in the Premier League. They’ve won 36 of their previous 99 (D22 L41), including Saturday’s 1-0 victory against Chelsea.
– Despite beating reigning Champions Chelsea on Saturday, this will be the 42nd consecutive Premier League matchday in which David Moyes has started in charge of a team in the relegation zone – a competition record.
-Arsenal have conceded 32 Premier League goals away from home in 2017. Only West Ham (35) & Stoke & Watford (33 each) have shipped more.
– No player has scored more substitute goals for a single Premier League team than Olivier Giroud – level with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Man Utd (17).
– Alexis Sanchez was involved in four of Arsenal’s goals in their 5-1 win in this fixture last season (three goals, one assist). Indeed, all four of his Premier League goals against the Hammers have come in away games.
– Mesut Ozil has scored in each of his last three Premier League games against West Ham, while also providing an assist in the last two.
– In their 1-1 draw at Southampton on Sunday, Mesut Özil failed to create a single goalscoring chance for a teammate in a Premier League game after playing the full 90 minutes for just the fourth time in his career.